Age limits and discounts
Here you can find information about age limits and possible discounts for the tickets.
- Children under 6 years old who do not travel alone, travel for free (except kindergarten on a trip and school transport)
- Children’s ticket: From 6 years until and including 17 years
- Adult ticket: From 18 years until and including 66 years
- Concessionary ticket (honnør): Concessionary tickets are for those 67 years and over, the disabled with a disability pension under the National Insurance Act, persons with a concessionary card from NAV, and the blind. This ticket is also for a spouse, registered partner or cohabitant travelling with a person entitled to a concessionary ticket. The concessionary discount cannot be combined with other ticket discounts. You must be able to show an approved form of ID when using the concessionary discount.
Travel card with value
When you have a deposited money on your travel card and use this value to pay for an adult single ticket, you will receive a 17 percent discount.
- If you are a full-time student at a Norwegian secondary school, college, university or other approved educational institutions you are entitled to a student discount.
- In order to get a student discount, you must be able to show a valid student’s ID (card or on your mobile) and a receipt for a paid semester fee.
- The discount is applicable from ten days before the school/semester start until ten days after the school/semester ends. Student ID from the educational institution is considered valid until the end of January for the autumn semester and until the end of August for the spring semester.
- If you are a Norwegian citizen with a valid student ID and paid semester fee from an educational institution abroad, you are also entitled to student discount. An ANSA membership card is not valid as ID.
- Student discount also apply to foreign citizens that study in Norway and who has a valid personal ID, valid student ID and receipt for paid semester fee.
- Student discount do not apply to persons attending Norwegian language classes.
Apprentices are also eligible for student discount. You can find more information below.
Student discount on period tickets
Students at secondary schools and higher educational institutions are entitled to a 40 percent discount on distance-based period tickets. There is no student discount on period tickets for defined areas (periodebillett område).
Student discount on single tickets
Students at secondary schools and higher educational institutions are entitled to a 50 percent discount on single tickets for trips spanning 12 zones or more one way in Møre and Romsdal. This also applies to trips to and from Oppdal and Trondheim. For trips shorter than 12 zones, you may buy a ticket for 12 zones in order to get the discount. (This may be the cheapest option.)
On public transport lines driving between Sunnmøre and Vestland, students at secondary schools and higher educational institutions are entitled to 25 percent discount.
Apprentices can buy tickets with student discount if they show proof of apprenticeship. Logged-in user in Vigo app for fagopplæring (app for vocational training) is valid as proof of apprenticeship.
FRAM Ung and FRAM Student
FRAM Ung and FRAM Student are ticket types that are very favourable for young people who travel frequently. Here you can find more information about FRAM Ung and FRAM Student.
From 1st January 2023 adults can buy a period ticket that is very favourable if you travel a lot and/or over long distances. You can find more information about FRAM Vaksen here.
Aide for person with special needs
A passenger with special needs can travel together with an aide on one ticket. The aide must present a proof of service. The proof of service must be issued by the municipality in which the disabled person resides.
A group of more than ten people who travel together on an express boat and buy a joint ticket receives a 30 percent discount on a single ticket.
The group discount only apply to adults and children, and not for example for military personnel or persons entitled to a concessionary ticket. However, such persons can choose to be included in the group in order to make the group large enough to be entitled to the discount. (This may be the cheapest option.)
There is no group discount available for bus trips.
Kindergartens can travel by bus between 09.00 and 13.00 without paying for the children tickets. Adults pay for an ordinary ticket on the bus. The offer is valid for vus departures after 09.00 and before 13.00, all weekdays.
There are seat belts in all buses except from city buses in Molde and Kristiansund. We recommend kindergartens to bring a child seat to the kindergarten children who normally use this.
We ask kindergartens planning to travel by bus in a larger group, to let us know well beforehand. Before 12.00 the day before your journey at the latest.
Kindergarten groups by more than ten people are eligible for a group discount on the express boats, by 30 percent discount for children and adults in the group. The discount is only valid for adults and children, and not people that qualify for a concessionary discount. However, they can help constitute a group receiving the discount.
We ask larger groups to inform us about the group trip
To maintain a good public transport service for everyone travelling in Møre and Romsdal, we ask you to let us know well in advance, and no later than 12.00 the day before your journey, if you plan to travel with a large group.
This will make it easier to plan the departures so that nobody who wish to travel with our public transport are left behind, having to wait for the next available departure.
We need to know the number of passengers, what line you would like to travel with and the expected departure time. Please notify FRAM Customer Centre using the contact form or by telephone +47 71 28 01 00. Here you can find the contact form for FRAM Customer Centre.
It is not possible to reserve seats on board the buses, express boats or ferries for a group.
On bus trips Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (with the exception of 17th May) persons in the categories adult, concessionary or student bring up to four children under 18 years old free of charge as long as everyone travels the same distance.
To get a family discount, you must buy the ticket on board the bus, not via the FRAM app.
On express boats, a family discount apply when a family (father/mother and children 6-17 years old) travel together and buys one joint ticket on board. All family members received a 25 % discount on a single ticket. Children younger than 6 years old travel for free.
To get a family discount, you must buy the ticket on board the express boat, not via the FRAM app.
Note! This discount was removed from 1st January 2023.
For express boat trips with no embarkment a 35 percent discount were granted for an ordinary return ticket. The main rule was that the passenger must stay on board during the entire trip.
Concripts (persons who are doing their military service) are granted a 50 % discount on single tickets adult on presenting proof of service, call-up order, student ID card from Krigsskolen or the blue ID card provided by the military.
If you have a valid Interrail/Eurail pass, you receive a 50 percent discount on a regular adult ticket on the train buses FRAM Ekspress line 420 Åndalsnes-Molde and FRAM Ekspress line 681 Åndalsnes-Ålesund.
Discounts on ferry trips
For travellers without a car, the ferry trip is free of charge. You can find the discounts that apply for cars on ferries in the ferry rate regulations. Here you can find the regulations of ferry rates.