When you travel by bus or express boat there are several types of tickets you can buy. Here you can find information.
FRAM tickets are valid on the public transport services in Møre and Romsdal county. They do not apply on airport express buses, other commercial bus lines or alternative transport services that are not part of the public transport system. Period tickets and discounts also apply to FRAM’s night buses.
A single ticket is valid for one trip .
- If you travel within one zone the ticket is valid for a return trip in the same zone.
- If you travel from one zone to another zone you cannot make a return trip on the same ticket. In this case, the ticket is only valid for a one way trip for the distance you have chosen.
If the validity period expires due to delays in correspondences, the bus driver will manually approve the ticket (based on distance and time).
You find an overview of zones in the travel planner. Here you can find the travel planner.
Note! The ticket is not valid for a return trip on a trip that extends over more than one zone, even if the validity time has not expired. You can find more information about transfer further down on this page.
October ticket (period ticket for bus for 30 days)
The October ticket was a period ticket only available for purchase in October.
The ticket is valid for unlimited travel by bus in Møre and Romsdal for 30 days, and is available for adults, children, students and seniors.
If you have a ticket that is still valid, you can continue to use it in November until it expires.
Period ticket (30 days, 7 days or 24 hours)
Period ticket is a zone-based period ticket that is valid for unlimited travel in the period the ticket has been purchased for, within the zones that the ticket covers. You can purchase a period ticket for 30 days, 7 days or 24 hours and the ticket is available for adults, children and persons eligible for a concessionary ticket.
When purchasing a period ticket you select the stop you want to travel from and the stop you want to travel to, and the system will calculate the ticket price for you. The ticket is valid for trips between the zone that the “from” stop is located in and the zone that the “to” stop is located in. You can travel to and from other stops than the ones you selected during your purchase as long as the stops are located within the zones you have bought a ticket for.
On the map in the travel planner online, you can tick the box at the bottom of the map when you search to show the zones for the route.
Combined period tickets for express boat and bus
Combined single ticket for bus and express boat disappeared 1 November 2023.
Period tickets that combines express boat and bus were replaced by FRAM Vaksen from 1 October 2023.
FRAM Ung and FRAM Student
- FRAM Ung is a period ticket for youth and young adults up to and including the age of 24, i.e. until the day you turn 25.
- FRAM Student is a period ticket for students up to and including the age of 29, i.e. until the day you turn 30.
You can use this ticket to travel unlimitedly by public bus and fast boat in Møre and Romsdal. The ticket is valid for 30 days from the date the ticket is purchased or the date the ticket is activated.
You can also use FRAM Ung on the night buses.
- The period this ticket is valid does not start at the first reading on a ticket reader, as is the case with ordinary period tickets (zone/area). But 30 days from the date the ticket is purchased or the date from the date you activate the ticket.
- FRAM Ung/Stundet is not valid on public transport services in Møre and Romsdal which are not part of the public public transport services. FRAM Ung/Student does not apply to the airport bus in Ålesund.
- If you are going out of or in to Møre og Romsdal, you need to buy an extra ticket from the driver that covers the distance out of or in to the county. Here you will find information about the FRAM Express lines. Here you can find information about the FRAM Ekspress lines. In Halsa, you can use FRAM Ung when you travel with FRAM Ekspress in zones 870 Betna and 871 Halsa.
- On the Kystekspressen FRAM Ung applies between Kristiansund and Kjørsvikbugen. On this express boat, it is not possible to read FRAM Ung on a ticket reader. If you plan to travel with this express, you must keep the purchase receipt with the start date. Show the receipt together with the FRAM Ung ticket on board. FRAM Student is not valid on the Kystekspressen.
The period ticket called simply FRAM Vaksen became available as one ticket from 1 October 2023.
- FRAM Vaksen Båt+Buss is a period ticket for persons over 18 years old. Adults can use this ticket for unlimited travel by public buses and express boats in the county of Møre and Romsdal. The ticket is valid for 30 days from the date the ticket is purchased or the date you choose to have the ticket activated.
You can also use FRAM Vaksen on the night buses.
- Unlike ordinary period tickets (zone/area), this ticket does not start the first time you validate it on a ticket reader on board a bus or boat, but is valid for 30 days from the purchase date or the date you choose to have the ticket activated.
- FRAM Vaksen is not valid on transport services in Møre and Romsdal that are not part of the public transport scheme. FRAM Ung is not valid on airport express buses in Ålesund.
- If you are traveling out of or into the county of Møre and Romsdal you need to buy an extra ticket from the driver that cover the distance out of or into the county. Here you can find information about the FRAM Ekspress lines. In Halsa, you can use FRAM Vaksen when you travel with FRAM Ekspress in the zones 870 Betna and 871 Halsa.
- FRAM Vaksen is not valid on Kystekspressen between Kristiansund and Trondheim.
Single tickets for the departures on 21 Nattbuss Ålesund, the night departures on 701 Årølia-Molde-Djupdalen, 702 Hatlelia-Bergmo-Nordbyen and 532 Elnesvågen-Molde cost the same as the price for the ticket during day time. Note! You can also use the period ticket on the night bus.
Prams, wheelchairs, bicycles, luggage and animals
You do not have to buy a separate ticket for a pram or wheelchair. You can also bring hand luggage and up to two pieces of luggage (max weight 30 kilos).
Note! From 1st January 2023 you must pay to bring you bicycle on the bus. The price is the same as for a children's ticket for 6-17 years.
For a dog you must pay the rate for children 6-17 years old. Service dogs in active duty can travel without a ticket.
There are certain conditions that apply for equipment on board. Here you can find more information about the regulations for bringing a pram, wheelchair, bicycle, animal, etc. on board.
Company account with one or more travel cards
Company account travel card is valid until 31 December 2023.
It is possible for a company (including public institutions, kindergartens, schools, etc.) to open a company account and have one or more travel cards connected to the account.
Employees of the company can travel using these cards and do not have to pay for their individual trip. The cost of the trip is charged to the company account, and the company is invoiced every second month.
A company account travel card can be used on all public buses and express boats in Møre and Romsdal. It is not possible to use a company account travel card on the express boat between Kristiansund and Trondheim (Kystekspressen).
A company account travel card can be used by multiple persons in the same company/unit.
If you have questions or want to set up a company account you can contact FRAM Customer Centre via our online contact from or by calling 71 28 01 00. Here you can find the contact form for FRAM Customer Centre.
Transit ticket and transfer
When you use public transport in Møre and Romsdal, you should whenever possible be able to buy one ticket for your whole journey, even if you will switch buses or between bus and boat during your trip. This means that you pay for the whole trip beforehand or on the first bus/boat you use. This is called a transit ticket (gjennomgåande billett).
To switch from one bus to another or from a bus to an express boat – or the other way around – is called a transfer (overgang). When you have a transit ticket you can transfer «for free», i.e. you do not have to buy a ticket on each bus/express boat.
When you have a transfer ticket as described above, you can also use this ticket to continue your trip in the last zone that your ticket apply to, as long as the duration of the ticket has not expired (normally within 60 minutes after your arrival time).
Example: If you have bought a ticket from Ålesund to Molde you can continue your trip on the city buses in Molde using the same ticket.
Note! The ticket is not valid for the return trip on a trip that is longer than one zone, even if the validity period of the ticket has not expired.
Transfer with period ticket
If you have a period ticket for a defined area the ticket is valid for transfers on all lines and zones in this area. When switching buses or between bus and express boat you must validate your travel card or FRAM app ticket on the ticket reader on board the bus/express boat.
Separate rules for Kystekspressen (the express boat between Kristiansund and Trondheim)
FRAM’s rules for transfer does not apply on board the express boat between Kristiansund and Trondheim (Kystekspressen), as this express boat is operated by AtB in Trøndelag county. Here you can find the website for AtB.
Travel like the locals
Travelling with public transport gives a genuine experience of the landscape you travel through. From the bus, express boat or ferry you can enjoy the view towards the varied and extremely beautiful landscape in Møre and Romsdal county.
Travel like the locals offers tourist experiences with public transport! If you are a visitor to our county and not familiar with how public transport works here, this is a great possibility. It is of course equally nice for locals who wish to explore our area in a relaxing way using public transport.
We have packaged the most popular itineraries from various starting points and made it easy for you to book the trip online. In Møre and Romsdal there are more than 50 different trips to choose from.
You get one ticket that covers the entire trip, even when the trip involves one or more changes to a different bus, ferry or express boat. You also get a tour description that provides information about the trip, the destination and practical details.
The ticket you receive is valid on a specific date, and you must travel according to the schedule provided.
Note that the trips take place on ordinary public buses, ferries and express boats. There may be multiple stops during the trip, as we serve the local communities along the route.
For many of our trips you can download a Voice of Norway guide. Voice of Norway uses the GPS technology in your phone to give location-based information for your trip. The information is presented through sound, pictures, text and links.
Travel like the locals trips are available in Møre og Romsdal and Vestland counties.